Dancing is no small feat. It takes so much skill, passion, and technique. It can be incredibly draining and you will probably want to give it up at some point. But remember how much you love dancing. It is who you are. Remember that.
To help you remember to not give up, here are 10 rules to live by as a dancer.
- Leave your ego at the door.
- Do it with passion or not at all.
- Think Positive
- Sometimes you just need to get mad and push yourself further.
- The answer is all in the music. Just listen to it.
- Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going.
- Dance is a sport and you are an athlete. But you are also an artist.
- Do what you love.
- Of course it's hard. If it were easy, everyone would do it. Hard is what makes it amazing.
- It's okay to stumble and fall, but then you have to get up and keep going.